Typically, mould is not harmful to humans. But if left untreated for a long time, it may cause various health problems for your family. Keep reading below to know why it is important to remove mould from your Toowoomba home.

What is mould and why is it dangerous to have in your home?

Mould is a type of fungus that can grow indoors and outdoors, in both warm and cold climates. It thrives in damp, humid environments and can often be found in places like basements, kitchens, bathrooms, or anywhere else that has poor ventilation. It can also be found in areas that have been flooded or have had leaks.


What are the health risks from mould exposure?

Mould spores are everywhere, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with them. Often they can find their way into homes through windows, doors, or other openings. While mould isn’t necessarily dangerous to humans, it can cause several health problems such as respiratory issues, skin irritation, and allergic reactions.

In severe cases, mould exposure can even lead to lung infection and death. Additionally, mould can damage your home by causing rot and weakened structural integrity. For these reasons, it’s important to remove any mould growth from your home as soon as possible to avoid having health problems.

If you suspect that you have a mould problem in your home, it’s important to take action right away. Call Dust 2 Clean today. We’ll help you get rid of mould and make your Toowoomba home safe for habitation again.


How to spot mould in your home?

It’s important to be able to identify mould in your home so that you can take the necessary steps to remove it. Below are the telltale signs you should notice.

Visible mould

This looks like soot or dirt that can be visibly seen stuck in walls, ceilings, and window frames. It often appears in thread-like clusters of dark green, brown, black, or grey spots. That’s why it can be mistaken as simple surface dirt.

Musty odour

Not all mould produces smells but if you get a stale, pungent, and musty odour, that’s a big sign that there is mould in your home.

Water damage

This may appear like cracks, peelings, or bubbles in your walls or wallpaper. It’s also a sign that there is mould under that surface. Water stains and discolouration on walls, floorboards or ceilings also tell how high the humidity in your Toowoomba home is, which may be the result of leakage in your water pipes.


Moisture build-up means high indoor humidity, which is a perfect breeding ground for moulds. So take note of the condensation in your home as it can cause mould growth.

Past flooding

Flood creates the perfect breeding ground for moulds to quickly grow. That’s why if your home or a spot in your home have been flooded, make sure to clean and remove flood water right away.

Carefully note these signs and you will easily identify if there’s mould growing in your home. Make sure to call a specialist to help you properly treat mould in your home before it worsens.


How to eliminate mould from your home?

Mould is a nasty problem to have in your Toowoomba home. Not only does it look unappealing, but if left untreated, it can also cause health problems. Once you see the signs or find mould in your home, it is best to call a mould removal specialist to handle it.

They know how to easily identify and focus on the source where moulds could have grown. Mould removal specialists also have proper tools, chemicals, equipment, and methods to remove moulds effectively. Therefore, the best way to remove and treat mould from your home is by getting the help of a specialist.

So if you’re dealing with this issue, talk to our specialists today. We guarantee to remove moulds and their source from your Toowoomba home in no time.



Moulds may seem like a daunting task to deal with but worry not. There are simple things you can do to prevent them from taking over your home. Below are our easy tips for you.

  • Identify potential areas where mould can grow
  • Keep humid areas dry as much as possible
  • Quickly dry wet areas
  • Ventilate your home

See how easy you can prevent moulds from growing in your home? Just make sure to apply these tips consistently to keep your home safe from harm brought by moulds.

Do you think moulds have already grown in your home?

Are you looking for a specialist to help you treat it immediately?

Let’s have a chat. Our mould removal specialists are well-trained when it comes to treating moulds quickly and effectively. You can rest assured that your home will be mould free and safe for the health of your family.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *